Fall is the ideal time to start thinking about how you’ll be caring for your septic system during the colder months, especially if you live in a more rural area. As always, maintenance is key. Before winter, it’s a good idea to have your septic tank cleaned and pumped. Septic tanks with accumulated sludge can possibly cause problems in the winter – and fixing a failed septic system in the cold weather can prove difficult and expensive!
For your convenience, we’ve gathered a few helpful tips for keeping your septic system from freezing. Have questions or need help? Give us a call!
Tips to Keep Your Septic System From Freezing
- Add a layer of mulch over the pipes, tank, and soil treatment area to act as insulation.
- Don’t leave your water running to prevent freezing.
- If you’re a homeowner planning a holiday vacation, have someone visit and use hot water regularly.
- Fix any leaky plumbing. Small amounts of water going into the system can freeze as thin ice layers within pipes, and eventually close them.
- Keep all vehicles off the septic system.
Having issues with your septic? Give us a Call (479) 271-0058. Or chat with us live during business hours (Chat Box Bottom Right Corner)
No comment yet, add your voice below!